If you are missing Meditteranean flavors try this brilliant low carb substitute for chickpea hummus. It is certainly one of my favorite dips and is hard to tell the difference from the real thing. You will be amazed!
Serve with celery or cucumber sticks, radish slices, fathead crackers or keto flaxseed chips.
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 5 tbsps olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika and extra olive oil for serving
- Smoked Spanish paprika and extra olive oil for dressing
- Combine the cauliflower florets, 2 tbsps olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 3 whole garlic cloves in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for about 15 minutes, until soft and darkening in color.
- Remove the cauliflower mixture and add to a blender (eg. magic bullet) and blend until it has a rice-like texture.
- Add the tahini paste, lemon juice, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 3 tbsps olive oil, and 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 smoked paprika.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary and add a little water if too thick.
- Pour the hummus in a serving plate and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.
Nutritional values are approximate.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g net carbs||1.2%|
|Protein 2 g|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.