This is the easiest and quickest low carb bread you can make! Top it with your favourite spread, cheese, paté, etc.
You can also whip up a delicious burger in just minutes.
To make a sweet mini cake, add sweetener to the batter and top with low carb icing or ganache!
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp herb blend
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese
- For a sweet ‘cake’ add 1/4 tsp sweetener
- Whisk together the egg, flours, milk, olive oil, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Add any of the optional ingredients to taste.
- Spray a small microwave safe bowl or wide mug with nonstick and pour in the batter.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Turn the mug or bowl upside down on a cutting board or plate and let the bread slide out.
- Then, cut in half to make two round english ‘muffin’ slices.
- To toast, melt a 1/2 a tablespoon of butter or oil in a pan, and place the bread slices on both sides.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12 g||18.5%|
|Cholesterol 96 mg||32%|
|Sodium 372 mg||15.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2 g||0.7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 5 g|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.