Be prepared for those cravings
When I get the munchies I am desperate for a quick-fix. It’s important for me to have keto snacks at hand so that I’m not tempted to fall off the wagon… because, I know, when you get the craving you need it quick… and you will grab just about anything high carb out there in desperation!
So, I have compiled a go-to snack list to stock up with, as well as low carb & keto recipes that are either quick-‘n-easy to make; or recipes you can make to stock up with in the fridge or freezer for later when you get the munchies.
Shopping list for quick go-to snacks
- Hard Boiled Eggs: easy to make in the Dash Rapid Egg Cooker.
- Jerky Snack Steak Strips: you can get an assortment here.
- Olives: you can get snack sized pouches here.
- Pork Rinds: Get them here. Use as nachos or dip them in cream cheese or guacamole.
- Cheese: Stock up with your favorites at your local supermarket or try these crunchy baked cheese snacks.
- Pepperoni: Get your pizza pepperoni snack here.
- Avocados: they are healthy and the perfect go-to keto food to snack on.
- Macadamia nuts: They are known to speed up your metabolism. Get your snack packs here.
- Almonds: They have under 2.5 g of net carbs per quarter of a cup, so be careful not to overeat.
- Pickles: Check your labels when you buy them. Try these for a tart & crunchy bite.
- Quest bars: these Chocolate Caramel Quest Bars have only 4 net carbs each.
Quick snack ideas:
Spicy crunchy nuts
Soak almonds in Franks Red Hot Sauce. Drain and bake in the oven at 325 F until dry.
Celery with your favorite dip
Celery is a great keto snack being a negative calorie snack and topping it with a sugar free nut butter, cream cheese or your favorite low carb dip.
Cold cuts and cheese wraps
Roll up a slice of ham, turkey, roast beef, or your favorite deli cuts around a slice of your favorite cheese or a cheese stick for a quick ‘n easy low carb snack.
Sugar-free jello with whipped cream
If you are craving something sweet, sugar-free jello has 0 carbs. Top up with whipped cream.
Quick-‘n-easy low carb dips or spreads
Buy it here. Mustard is delicious with cold meats.
Homemade Pimento Cheese Dip
Get your own low carb version to make here.
This awesome keto cauliflower hummus tastes very similar to ordinary hummus.
Japanese Sesame Steak Sauce
Chicken Liver Paté
Try this easy, delicious recipe for chicken liver paté.
Smoked Salmon Paté
This is simply delicious. Get the recipe here.
Try making this delicious and authentic guacamole.